Friday, August 26, 2016

Family Friday Features and Follies

Yes, I did my best to highlight the letter "F" (in the title) on this fabulous final Friday in August.  And since I like to keep it "freakin'" clean around this blog I left out a special "F" word which I could have used ~ because lately I may have used it in MY HEAD ONLY,  you're welcome!!!

Owen:

The boy is 13 going on 9.  He so badly needs to school to start!! Ever since we gave him his sister's "cracked" iPhone when SHE decided to buy herself a new one he has lived on THAT thing.  Pokemon Go has overtaken his life.  From my perspective I kind of think the craze of that game has faded a little.  I don't see as many kids out walking or biking holding their phones and looking up, then down, up and then down again.

Not with Owen...he still plays it and he often enjoys playing it or any other random game on his iPad from the comfort of his bed.  This morning I had to MAKE him get dressed and brush his teeth..just so that he could run errands with me.  I know not what a boy wants to do but I had to get him off his bed and out of the house.

Cary:

Still dealing with the effects of the pulled hamstring.  aka....he hasn't played a round of golf since the tournament up north.  Although, I am beginning to wonder if a pulled muscle can effect ones thought processes.  He has been more forgetful lately than ever.  Working, drinking, and retracing his steps to "Where in the world did he leave his specs!" has taken up a lot of his time lately.

Coley:

She started a 2-year program on Monday the 22nd.  She seems to think this will be a nice fit for her with the smaller class size and focus on the specific degree rather than having to take generals all over again.  My hope for her is that she joins some clubs/activities so that she can meet some more people and start networking for her future job.

She has been the main caretaker of our new bunny - Hazel and as much fun as it is to have a new pet it is also a lot of work.  The bunny needs daily exercise and sitting out back with her while she is in her pen (to be sure she doesn't get out or a hawk doesn't come down and grab her) has become more tiresome since the mosquitos and bees tend to be out in full force.  UGH!

After being on steroids for 3 weeks she is finally being weened.  YEAH!  Her ITP did not take a dip like it had months prior so we are very hopeful that the surge in steroids jump started the body to "NORMAL" and not the "abnormal" roller coaster of platelet counts we were experiencing.

She has to continue to have weekly blood draws for a month or so and then they will cut back to every two weeks and so on as long as they stay within the normal range.

Kenzie:

Her fall is in full swing.  It kind of starts with her birthday, followed by a 3-day "get away" with her cross country team for some running and bonding and ends with more practices which leads right to the start of school and homework!  ;-)

My hope for her is that she takes time to be free of her iPhone and really comes to a happy place in her life.  As a junior things can be very stressful.  (especially parents) Enough of waiting for others to come, for others to make a change, or for others to jump start for you.  My hope ~ find what fuels YOU, for YOU, BY YOU, because of YOU!!

YOU are worth it...you need to visualize it, believe it, and do it!!

ME:

I would like to self diagnose and say I kind of was in a depression through June and July.  I couldn't grasp this ITP stuff happening to Nicole and I didn't like it.  I had many emotions and it seemed that I was the only one feeling those emotions.  Drinking and eating helped pass the hours.  (especially when I was alone)

By the time a family trip to Wisconsin Dells came around in August I was a little apprehensive if it would even be worth it.  Well worth it it was!!! I think I needed that more than any of us.  Nicole was on her steroids, it was fun being away from the usual house stuff and it was the first time having so many of us together which didn't Detroit Lakes.  Win, Win, Win!!  I definitely came back feeling refreshed.

I have since started working out again (something I also didn't do for those 2 months).  I am enjoying the classes at the Y and trying to make better "healthier" food choices once again.

Oh yes, I have had my beer, too many cookies one night, and an awesome patty melt another.  But believe me those indulgences are nothing compared to what I indulged in daily for 2 months.  (I think there was a week there where I had ice cream and a lot of it every single night).  Yikes.



Life is full of ups and downs friends.  Some of us seem to have more ups and others tend to receive more downs; its hard but eventually it too comes round.  

Suck it up buttercup!

We are all struggling.  Whose struggle is worse than another's is not for us to decide.  You have to deal with yours and I will deal with mine.  

Some of us need others to pull us up and out of the hole.

Some of us need our own self talk to convince our brain - Now is the time!

Some of us like to blame others.

Some simply say "poor me".

Suck it up buttercup!

Figure out what will work for you to be the best YOU and DO IT.



Now go out there and have a great weekend...its the last weekend in August after all.....enjoy it! live it! breathe it! 









No comments:

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...