Sunday, May 22, 2016

two weeks ago 35 miles rocked....today 15 miles sucked...and so does reality sometimes

Yea, so I was doing pretty good on my biking.  I was averaging about 13 miles per hour, hills felt good and flats felt great.  The windier days still pushed my limits but I did it and survived.  Then, the oldest got surprisingly ill....

and like the snap of my finger a week passed without any riding.  It happens, I know, its called life and you just roll with it.  *However, that was one week and the following week I did not make up for lost time*  

Instead hubby and I took up our summer hobby.......

 and we enjoyed one too many happy hours complete with nachos, burgers and fries.  Before I realized it we actually noted we enjoyed about 5 days in a row of the above fan fare.  What the World!??!??! Yes, it really did happen.....

And then this finished off the week.......
 Family dinner out to celebrate the same sick girl from 2 weeks ago.
She turns 19 on May 23rd and Birthday Dinner is mandatory!!

What else is mandatory?
Burning a very dead "Christmas tree" that we saved for such an event....
and my how they burn.

So, after TWO WEEKS of playing hooky from my bike I finally got back on it and rode both Saturday and Sunday mornings.  The first was 16.5 and the next day I did 15.5 averaging 10 ish miles per hour!!  Slower.....yes!  Dying....pretty much!  Reality....sucks!  


I have two weeks before my Tour de Cure ~ its CRUNCH time baby ~ and I have no more excuses except to JUST DO IT!! 


No comments: