Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Mother's Day outing less one child because she didn't want to "ruin the mood"....

Ever since Nicole got sick last week I feel like my head has been in a whirlwind and everything is just flying by me.  Not sure if I am headed in the right direction at times but I keep moving so I guess its OK. 

Let's rewind a few days shall we?  On Sunday Owen had a smallish swim meet in Eden Prairie.  He had to be there by 7:30 for warm ups and meet started at 8:30.  It's about a 40 minute drive so you get the idea...it was an early rise for us.  (It was also hubby's weekend to mow at the golf course so he and the girls had planned to meet us later at the meet and then go out for lunch to celebrate the Mother of all Mother's ....ME!  ha.

It started out fine....until I received a text from hubby that read "Kenzie isn't ready and now says she isn't coming.  She says if she did come she would only ruin the day and the mood"...Well if the truth be told Kenzie has been known to pull an attitude off and on in the past and has ruined a few outings....sorry, honesty sucks sometimes.  I was a little bummed at first but whatev; we all get pissy at times and if she owns it then stay home and deal with it.  Alone.

Cary and Nicole showed up.  I think this was Nicole's first outing with us since her scary week (see former post) She was a trooper and never complained once. We ended up going to Excelsior and to a little Irish pub.  First up....a beer toast to ME!  ;-)

Cheers!


 Next, Hubby and I both thought about ordering the eggs benedict.  Ironically, Kenzie often orders that meal when we are out.  (Maybe we were channeling our inner Kenzie or something) I didn't want to order the same thing as hubby so I let him order it and then took a picture of it and text it to Kenzie to tell her we were thinking of her....she never replied back.  Oops.

My chicken sandwich was wonderful ~ sadly I was so hungry that I inhaled it and forgot to take a picture.  After eating we walked around the city.  It was a gorgeous day and SOOO many families were out and about celebrating ME....or there mom....whatev.

 Sunny selfies are the best because you never know what you are going to get while squinting.....

What we did ended up getting was more to drink!!! We LOVE our local craft beers and we had never been to the Excelsior tap room.  So when in Rome....or Excelsior....you should really do as the locals were doing and drink up.  Bummer the beer wasn't that great...at least not to our liking.....we rated the flavors and agreed to disagree on a few.

While we were busy sipping and judging...Owen was busy writing me a little love note......


In case you can't read it ~ here it is up close ~
In case you still can't read it, it says:

"This is boring all ya'll want is beer, beer and more beer"

hahhahha!!
Well, it IS MY DAY....so shower me with beer!

We got home much later and Kenzie had made me a very nice card and even straightened up most of the house.  Coley gave me a nice bag of Bath and Body lotions/gels and Owen also gave me a cute care with $10.  Which I will use to buy more beer of course!



Anyone else want beer, beer and more beer lately?

1 comment:

Runno said...

I enjoy the way you have presented this great information.It makes me wonder why I had not thought of it before! Thanks for sharing

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...