Monday, November 30, 2015

Just like getting married...something old, new borrowed and blue

Since its a blog and I am not getting married it doesn't have to rhyme though....
Thus, something new .... Hubby signed up for the Monster Dash and was hoping to run the half marathon this year as a "50th" goal.  Due to injuries he was not able to run but, I sure am loving the NEW jacket...which I switched out for my size because he said he didn't want to wear it any way.
Win!


Something borrowed.
These lovely hairnets.

Recently we volunteered at Feed My Starving Children and during the packing of bags we "get" to wear these lovely nets.  hahaha! Borrowed and then tossed out because who would really want to wear them after another?


** just threw this in because we no longer have a deck but a snow piled mess!**

Something OLD...well I could insert some pictures of hubby and myself here but I thought you would enjoy seeing a little pic from the Mall of America ~ the week before Thanksgiving.  They were hosting a special olympics dance party and a local You Tube kid "Jonah Marais" (spelling? good enough) is in the white shirt on stage singing.  

The three heads in the foreground are and in order from left to right:
Owen, Cole, and Kenzie.

Would you believe the "oldest" girl has seen him in concert before and she loved seeing him again....however, Owen was not as thrilled until......... 


a guy came by talking up the special olympics Polar Plunge and raising money to plunge etc. 

That in itself is exciting however we are not polar plunge kind of people.  And turning BLUE from cold is not what I am all about.  But, what about the "Something Blue" you ask????  Sporting the free sunglasses to advertise the plunge IS something BLUE I can handle!


Since its post Thanksgiving and every blog today either mentioned eating too much or the need to exercise more...I am not doing either.  We had fun up north with family and now its back to reality.

Let the countdown to Disney begin..............

2 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

Lol Cute blog post theme. :)

Alissa A Journey to Thin said...

You're so funny. :) love the new jacket! I want to go to the mall of America again sometime soon. It has been a few years!

Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...