Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hello and HAPPY October 1st!!  I know it sounds cliche, but I can't believe fall is here once again!!  At this point I am embracing fall ~ the season ~ and all that comes with it.


  • Cooler temperatures :     check!
  • Long duster jackets:       check!
  • Cross Country races:      check!
  • Leaves changing colors: check!
And a couple of TOP FALL ITEMS...

  • Fall beer flavors:  check!
  • All things flavored pumpkin: check!
  • DAIRY QUEEN Pumpkin Pie Blizzard: check, check, check!!!

Besides that and the fact that I am working almost 30 hours a week at a preschool with 3-year olds ~ which means I am exhausted, I am feeling guilty by making poor supper choices for the family lately,  I am randomly doing laundry and all other "house duties" which makes for a less than desirable home at times, and I have been having a beer a night because as stated above....Fall beer is HERE! YUM!

Life is Good....And this is a look at the weekend plans......

The boy and I are volunteering with about 10 others from our church at Feed My Starving Children on Saturday.  
Kenzie and I are volunteering at the Twin Cities Marathon on Sunday with her Cross Country team.  Kind of stressful because a local group called "Black Lives Matter" has been rumored to be PROTESTING at the finish line of the run.  Blocking runners (and yes, black runners too) from finishing a marathon that they have been conditioning and practicing for, for months now?  How is this going to put a positive twist on ones perception of black lives?  To me, and many others, ALL LIVES MATTER.  

~ Especially those that just lost their lives in Oregon due to a college shooter ~

Homecoming Football game on Friday...may or may not go.

Homecoming dance on Saturday.  

AND....Rudy has a grooming appointment.  Whew...just a day in the life.  

Enjoy yours!!

No comments: