Saturday, October 24, 2015

Exactly 2 months......




OK....I just realized that in exactly 2 months we will be in Florida!! It will be our third and final family trip back to Disney and the Disney Resorts.  We are very excited and can't wait to see Disney at Christmas, for years we talked about being at Disney for Christmas and now it is actually going to happen.

(I mean sure, there are always things that could happen that are out of our control, but I am thinking positive and am looking forward to the family fun)

So 60 days....60 days....it seems so far away and yet so close.  Why is it when one is "dieting" every day seems to get longer and longer and sometimes I just want to go to bed so I won't eat any thing and let it be another day.  When "dieting" its so hard for me to wrap my thoughts around the future.

The future me being thinner.  The future me having more energy.  The future me WANTING to exercise.  The future me being excited about swimsuit shopping and pant shopping.  (Right now pants are my worse enemy....my pear shape means elastic grandma type pants are my best bet and they are NOT very "cool" looking no matter how I try to dress them up...because YES, I do own a pair!)

And yet, when planning a vacation I picture it happening, tomorrow!  I can see myself getting on the plane, checking into our resort, and even entering Magic Kingdom ~ all smiles, laughing, thinking about rides, princesses,  and souvenirs.  Yikes...so much fun!!

If only "dieting" felt that exciting!!!!!  I want to feel that 10 pound loss TOMORROW.  I want to be smiling when I put on those pants that fit loose and were once tight.  I want to be a princess in my swimsuit as I bare my legs to the public and hope my knee skin/thigh skin isn't jiggling too much as I walk to the pool and quickly get into deep water ~ up to my waist to cover up THAT part of my body.

I worked at the Y Friday night after not working there for a couple of weeks and not working out there for at least 6 weeks.  This has been the longest exercise lapse I have had in years.  And do you know what I did?

I walked up the flight of stairs to look for a parent of one of our kids in the child care area of our Y.

The same flight of stairs I have walked up many times and don't ever remember being out of breathe at the top.  On Friday though I was out of air.  I was huffing and puffing.  I couldn't believe my defeat ...  the steps were better than me at that moment.

How did this happen so quickly?  I let exercise go and I let myself go.  Sure I am working and I now feel very comfortable at my preschool job.  Sure I have a better grasp on my eating and eating healthier.  Sure I am human.  And sure...I can make excuses.

BUT ~ I am not being the true me that I really feel is inside of me.

Out of air and jello like legs?  I don't think so.  I have 2 months until our trip and I have a lifetime after that....I need to start exercising again and taking the next step to being ME again.

WooHoo to another day and another tomorrow to start again!

1 comment:

Alissa A Journey to Thin said...

This healthy living thing is no joke! I struggle to feel motivated to workout all of the time. I wish the Results came faster!

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...