Friday, September 11, 2015

Our mind can make us do crazy and even shocking things.......SAD REALITY of LIFE...


Yesterday was your typical Thursday around here.  I went to work. Kids went to school.  The air was cool and the skies were partly sunny.  One might say it was a perfect September day.  After our day was done I decided I still had a little energy and drove to a nearby Y to take one of my favorite classes, body pump.  Nothing says feeling energized like an hour of lifting weights to music and working every part of your body....YEA!

However, right as I entered the parking lot of my Y my phone started bouncing.  It makes the noise of a "spring" or "a bouncing Tigger tail from Winnie the Pooh" when I receive a test message....Boing, boing, boing....get the picture??

I, of course, did what any person would do...I checked my text.  It was from my neighbor and she was asking me if I remembered a family that lived in our neighborhood about 4 years ago and their kids went to elementary school with our kids.  Well, yes, I remembered them.

They were a happy, family-loving kind of family.  They took lots of trips together and our kids had a number of play dates.  They loved together time and it showed.  

Turns out that family was now making national news...turns out that the family of 5 was found dead in their home...turns out that family hadn't been heard from for days and people started wondering what went wrong....turns out the police are calling it a murder-suicide and no further details have been released.

TURNS OUT I am in SHOCK.  My stomach feels empty, I am shaking, my heart feels numb and I wonder, "What went wrong?"

I went through the motions of body pump and each time I lifted the weights I thought of the girls playing dress up.. I thought of the plastic animals that took trips, played outside, and neighed like you have never heard a horse neigh.  Imagination in 4th grade is a marvelous thing.  I thought one of those girls is at home doing her homework (my daughter) while the other is dead (their daughter).

What went wrong in the mind of one in her family has tragically changed the reality of HER life and mow mine.

Depression?  An affair?  Money problems?  BiPolar?  So many unanswered questions and so many thoughts of why?  Why does our mind cause so many to take it to the next level and do crazy yet even shocking acts of violence?

It is a SAD reality of life sometimes.

Please be aware of the problems others are dealing with.  We may not see them.  We may THINK, "They have the perfect life~the perfect family~the perfect job~the perfect house~the perfect body but reality is it isn't perfect!"

The mind is a complicated machine and let us all remember to take care of it as we take care of the everything else in our life.  Don't be embarrassed to ask for help.  Don't wait ~ thinking it will get better.  Don't assume you are alone.

GET HELP.

DO IT TODAY.

DO IT FOR YOUR SELF.

DO IT FOR YOUR FAMILY.




Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...