Thursday, August 13, 2015

ONE of my worst nightmares.....

Why haven't I posted lately?  

I know I have been busy and sometimes minutes, hours, and days just get away from me.  You too?  Well then you know what I am talking about.  Eventually I think so many days have passed that why even go back, but here I am doing just that.  I kind of have to finish off some of our activities while home weeks ago...then, and finally then, I will move on to the current happenings around the hub.

Below is a picture of my mom on her 70th birthday with the grandchildren who were present.

Makenzie.  Oh Makenzie....minutes before she is about to jump off Long Bridge dock and a little over an hour after she had just RUN around the lake...if she only could feel that strength in her mind and REALLY feel it instead of  just posing.


Getting ready to open some presents from grandma and grandpa since they won't be able to celebrate with her on her actual day...which happens to be exactly one week from today.

Have you ever thought about dying?  Have you ever thought about what might be the worst possible way ~ in your perspective of course ~ to die?  I have.  No surprise there to my family I am sure.  I am also pretty sure I cannot be alone in these thoughts.

Ok.  In MY opinion the worst possible way for me to die would be drowning.  Either in a pool, lake, or worse yet...falling through frozen ice and then simply drowning because there would be no opening to get back out.

If that is the #1 way than the #2 way would have to be being buried alive by an avalanche.  Any kind of avalanche will do....whether its snow, sand, being in a coal mind, a farmer's pile of corn....its never ending!!

So how can these kids enjoy being buried up to their necks with sand knowing the bugs and critters that may be crawling all.over.their.body!!!



Changing subjects.
Lets get away from death's door for a bit and talk about love....
Makenzie was feeling a bit of it for the guy in white.
Good thing I don't mind embarrassing my kids a bit when I asked if I could take a picture of them with the said boy....ha!
Memories to live on forever!


Tomorrow....we get current!

1 comment:

Alissa A Journey to Thin said...

Your talk about ways to die kind of freaked me out! I am so anxious driving (just since the PPD), especially when there's a semi in the lane next to me-- so I'm always worrying about that, but I don't know if that'd be the worst way to go...eek. I don't want to talk about it!! haha