Friday, August 14, 2015

Facebook .... are you a friend or foe?

Have you ever found yourself consumed with something and before you know it 20, 30 or even 60 minutes have passed?  You knew you should be doing some much needed dusting, cleaning of the bathrooms or even moving that wet, but recently spun out clothing from the washer to the dryer.  And yet you sat.  You were too caught up in the latest post of someone going to a water park, having fun at a baseball game, or dare I say enjoying one too many drinks at a party???  

Do you know what I am talking about?

I bet some of you do....

(I bet my hubby doesn't)
;-)


For those of you who do...the struggle is real and its ridiculous!!!

Why?

Why have I let social media get the best of me?  

Why do I care what my friend ~ who I haven't spoken to REALLY for about a year ~ ate at a certain restaurant with HER friends and they had fun!  Well, alrighty then....lets announce it.  Sometimes I think, "Well maybe I am just jealous of the fun?"  Sometimes I think,  "Gawd, I am so happy I wasn't there!"  And sometimes I think, "Why, oh why have I wasted my precious time on THIS...Facebook..."



I am stronger than this challenge!


Ya know what I did today???

I began the process to DELETE my account!

Not deactivate it.....that would be way too easy.  It's kind of like hitting the pause on the treadmill...it stops things for awhile but as soon as you hit pause or resume it starts it all up again and you haven't lost any data....go figure!  People...its time to lose the data!

It's time to bring back being in the NOW.
If I want to find out what is going on with my friends I will text or call them.
Otherwise, I am just creeping on them ...and that is weird!

You know it is and I do too....

I am stronger than this challenge.

But guess what ...just in case I am not Facebook won't delete your account for 14 days after you send in the request.  JUST IN CASE I change my mind.  UGH.  So much wishy washy is going on ....just let me be done....

I am stronger than this challenge.  

And soon I will be ready to REALLY tackle the challenge of my 15 pound weight gain too.

Can't wait!!
(Just keeping it real folks)



2 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

I deleted mine a good while ago - like you, NOT deactivate. I would just open it back up! I know me best! Lol I found myself ignoring my children or feeling agitated when they interrupted me when looking at fb. And there was always some sort of drama on there that I would love to read like a written soap opera. I became pathetic! So I deleted it. :) Not to mention that I have an addictive personality and I would get on it multiple times a day and felt the need to reply to EVERYTHING so no one would notice I didn't. Them - "I went pee today." Me - "Oh that is so awesome! Congrats!" haha

Alissa A Journey to Thin said...

I deactivated my account back in February and was off of Facebook for quite a while and it did me a lot of good! I didn't miss it. I got back on only to send my thoughts to a friend who had lost her husband. Now I am much more in control of the time I spend on Facebook. I usually get annoyed, anxious, or feel bad about myself when I'm on there!