Monday, July 20, 2015

the egg toss, the sawdust dig, the pet and doll parade and the trolley just to name a few.....

 The memories that resurface by simply going back to ones hometown during their "Water Carnival",  "Pan-O-Prog", "Looney Days", or what ever your small town may have called it are priceless.  Often this week consists of different events catered to kids, families, and tourists built around downtown stores and parks that are often left behind for the larger malls and water parks brand new.  Even the trolley that every kid looked to with amazement and awe because well, frankly we never really saw trolleys ~ that actually moved and had people on throwing candy out to you to grab and eat as you like ~ what a concept!!

As we walked around the park over the past weekend I noticed the trolley sitting all by itself.  I told the family we NEED to take a picture by it or in it.  They kind of scoffed and then followed their mother to the destination.....after the above photo was taken with the three of them I managed to get a few more of the younger two..............................






I am thinking they were made to be on a trolley.  Now they just need a parade and some candy to throw out those windows.

1 comment:

Alissa A Journey to Thin said...

Small town life is the best. :)

Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...