Wednesday, July 1, 2015

And they went on and on and on....

Como Zoo is really the most Ah-mazing zoo/park in MN for fun and your mon(ey). 

When my nieces agreed to come and stay with us for 3 days I immediately thought what will we do?  Then, I knew it would have to be a zoo and how lucky for us that we have two within driving distance.  The MN Zoo is wonderful, wide, and complete with animal shows, play areas and a baby farm animal exhibit.  The Como Zoo is smallish but still has a couple of shows, a cute food court and is connected to the greatest little amusement park!! And the price is right since they simply ask for a "free will donation of $2 per kid and $3 per adult" 

We opted for Como!

Here are just some of the pictures we took during our day exploring.
The Tiger Trax roller coaster was definitely the top pick of rides!!  
 They went on-off, on-off, on-off so many times that one of the employees said to them, "This ride is fun but 500 times worth?"...ha ha ha! 

 
 Look closely and you too will see the polar bear about to do a somersault.
 Maybe he got a little dizzy and needed a rest.  ;-)

 The outside pen is being remodeled so we had to go in the building to see the giraffe's.

 Zebra stripes don't make us dizzy but a Tilt-A-Whirl ride below certainly did the trick on Makenzie.
And this girl can ride rides...funny how a simply round motion can make you feel like losing your lunch. 
Thankfully she did not.

 Penguins and puffins.

 Sneaky fish with a puppy dog face.

And the girls waiting for the Jumper/Hopper ride to start.

Oh, the joys of being a kid and the feeling of getting old when I was tired out after 5 hours of walking the zoo/park.  Times have changed in more ways than one in this body of mine.

I have heard you are only as old as you feel.  Or that age is really just in your mind.  Well, I have been trying to tell that to my muscles, bones, and belly but I guess they have a mind of their own because lately they have been feeling more like 76 than 46 and I am getting sick of it.

Just like the kids on the roller coaster going on and on and on I too seem to go on and on and on about my body/eating/mind/exercise issues...they loved the repetition of the ride I dislike the repetition of my issues...when oh when will I be able to accept what ever it is God put me here to do and become?  #stilltryingtofigureitout

1 comment:

Alissa A Journey to Thin said...

I went to an amusement park a couple of years ago. I hadn't gone since I was a kid. Oh my goodness, I cannot handle roller coasters. After going on all the rides with my eyes squeezed shut, hanging on for dear life, and praying it would be over soon--I realized "hey, I'm not really enjoying this. Why don't I stop?" So I headed over to the attached water park and floated down the lazy river in a tube and sipped an iced tea- much more my style. ;)

I really want to go to a zoo this summer!

Availability

Loving Father~ I come to you today to make myself 100 percent available to you. I lay everything I have and everything I am at your...