Friday, February 20, 2015

2 books ~ Too Lazy ~ 2 nails?!

 Ever notice there is NOTHING on TV these days??  I mean unless you are into vampires, make believe, TMI into others' lives (Reality anything and everything) or enjoy watching girls make an embarrassing fool out of themselves for a guy who "appears to have it all" but not really .....

Then there is nothing worth watching.

I have decided to start reading again.  I definitely go through phases of reading and I can't remember why I haven't read a book in months now.  Maybe b/c I have been a little "S.A.D." lately that I kind of like the idea of reading a book in the security of my house, under a blanket with a snoring pup next to me only to be rattled by the sound of the snow plow grazing down the road or the bus making its afternoon stop to the side of our house when its brakes squeak so loudly that the pup sits up immediately and lets me know that Owen will soon be opening the front door.  Ahhhh...thus, ends the silence.  

Anyway back to the books.................

I am not usually a mystery kind of gal but BOTH of these books were wonderful.  

Just enough of a mystery to keep me on the edge of my seat and yet not so scary that I had nightmares or couldn't snooze at all.  ;-) Read them if you get a chance.  


Today~
I had so much planned and good intentions of working out....
but, its almost 2pm and here I sit in my pajama shirt and sweats....

 slippers too....
 I did get stuff done around the house which is always good.  I mean you just have to pick and choose what is the priority of the day?!  Working out? Clean clothes? Baking cookies with applesauce before the applesauce goes bad?  Yes, maybe that was my priority today....some days are harder than others.


And finally, last night during some heavy work (yes, finishing my book was "heavy work") I scratched my face and noticed it really hurt....ugh!  My nail had torn! Bummer!!  And it wasn't just one it was 2 nails, on the same hand right next to each other.  

Normally, this is no big deal...but I just started growing my nails out again after months of picking and biting them....(yea, one more issue I have)....now, 2 are back to stubs or nubs which ever you use.    ;-(

Before I do any thing else I need to remove that awful many day old nail polish.  I am going to a middle school play tonight....wouldn't want to have scrappy looking nails right?!  HA! I better brush my teeth and change my clothes too.



What did you do today??  

Anything as exciting as my MN life?

1 comment:

Kim said...

One more reason that I know we would be friends outside of blogging - I love to read. This winter I usually have 1 afternoon a week that I just sit under a blanket and read at least for a couple hours - I would like to do it more often but time and guilt and....
Have a super weekend!

Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...