Sunday, December 28, 2014

We made, decorated, ate and opened......now we rest.....sort of...

 COOKIES....
 COOKIES....
and more COOKIES!!

Then, we decorated houses and ginger trees too!


Days later we went to church and changed into our comfy clothes....
that could only mean time to open a few gifts too.
And of course, Rudy wanted to be close by the activities....


The next morning we drove north to be with my family.
We haven't shared Christmas Day we them in over 6 years maybe??? This year we figured it was just "meant to be" ~ the weather was winter driving perfection, all remained flu free, and we had just received a call that my grandma (who has lived a wonderful 96.5 years so far) would be living just a few more days if she was lucky.  

We made it home, I spent time with her and said my good byes.  It will just be a matter of hours or days now before we will drive back up to put her officially to rest.  


1 comment:

Kim said...

All sounds great except the part about your grandmother.
Hope you enjoyed your family time.
Sorry about your grandma:(

Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...