Saturday, August 30, 2014

I didn't know what to expect~ the GOOD,the BAD, and the UGLY!

Women Rock 10k ~ 8-30-14

We talked about running a race together ....this one worked, we liked the gear, and we registered!


I can't believe today is the day!

Little early wake up call for Owen but, when its a women's run the men get to drive and cheer ...we didn't want them to feel left out.  ;-)


Some outside pics before we left...

Of course, the stop at the port-a-potty before the race....
completely stocked with all female necessities if needed.
(I guess they thought of everything)


passing time with selfies while waiting minutes before the gun went off....

Little sweaty,
not as fresh looking,
but note the WR lanyard around our necks....we did it!

Time for some bubbly for me and sprite for Makenzie.

We could not have done it with out our guys!!
Thanks guys!!

And now that we are finished we can officially sport our 
finishers gear.....the WR jacket!!
Love it!!


To sum it up:

The GOOD:  No rain, not too crowded (I heard 6,000 chicks had registered), good bubbly and great gear!

The BAD:  Kind of humid to start and I had to use a port-a-potty at the 3 mile mark....I hate stopping for mother nature when I am running!

The UGLY:  I can't really think of anything ugly or that I would change about the morning....the only thing would be if WR added some more music or local entertainment to the race.....to make some noise people!!!! ;-)

Overall, I would sign up to do this race again.....maybe even try the half next time.....ha!

1 comment:

Kim said...

WooHoo - so awesome that y'all did this together!!! Great job!
Love the jackets!!!