Saturday, June 21, 2014

Smiles all around....

It was hubs birthday on June 7th....
(man where has the time gone?)

It kind of feels like just yesterday and yet
it kind of feels like it was f.o.r.e.v.e.r. ago....

time is weird like that huh?

Here is the cake he requested this year.....
Must say I think I enjoyed the cake more than anyone because I made it with a cream cheese and Cool Whip frosting and the family wasn't big on the idea....homemade? Who needs it? Bring home the $1.29 can of frosting and everyone is happy, happy happy....


See....
 Or maybe he is simply happy because of the surprise
QUISP cereal he received in the mail 
from my parents ...
49 but thrilled to be channeling his younger "Quisp days".


This is what 14 year olds look like who are excited to be on an airplane to WA.


This is what a brother and mother look like who missed a certain 14 yr. old
and figured she needed a selfie text to remind her of home.
;-)

And finally,
this is the eve of the eve of Father's Day.....
only one child left! 
(Owen was at a friends'  house and Kenzie was still in Washington)
Nicole was leaving for Michigan in the morning so we had an early celebration with daddio.


It's been a busy June already around here...
and I haven't even shared the construction news and pictures of the new flooring in the kitchen and living room....so glad to have that mess over!!

Happy First Day of Summer ~
I celebrated by having a bottle of Riesling last night....
yes, I finished a bottle all by myself.

How did that happen?
Well, let me tell you.....
one sip at a time.
ha!


1 comment:

Kim said...

HaHa - I like to celebrate the same way - and just like you, one sip at a time somehow the bottle sometimes ends up empty!!!
I'm impressed that you made homemade frosting - I usually do the store bought thing!!!