Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Not quite a "Mother's Day" Family outing but it was a girls day out....

We knew something was up Saturday afternoon when Owen was all of a sudden SILENT.
It was like the entire house shut down....
then it occurred to me I hadn't heard from Owen or his iPad in a while.

He was asleep on the chair.
He slept the rest of the day...going from chair to bed and clothes to pj's.

So Sunday plans were altered....he needed to recover from whatever hit him and put him down and out.  Hubs stayed home and got stuff done around the house while the girls and I had a mom and daughter day instead of a big ol'family day!


We started by driving to our "old stomping" grounds...

 I didn't tell them what I wanted to do and they knew since it was "Mother's Day" it didn't matter.  I could choose any thing and they would do it for me, with me, without complaining!! YEA!

I wanted to walk around Lake Nokomis in Mpls.  We use to live blocks from the lake and I use to walk it while pushing the kiddos in strollers and later by myself when I needed time to "recharge".

I really loved that part of living in Mpls. and probably miss that the most of all.  It was fun to bring up old stories while walking too.....until I noticed these......

 Rent-a-Bike anyone?  We have seen these before and always thought about trying them out but never have.  Until today that is.  Kenzie wasn't so sure at first but she quickly realized there was no way getting out of it....

I took them on an adventure.  Through alleys of all things ~  even by our old house!! *** Quick pose before the owners come out and think we are stalkers or something....***


 Yes, we even got a picture by the address.....oh, the memories!! I secretly kind of wanted the owners to come out.  I totally would have told them how we use to live there and then ask them if we could we go in and have a tour of the old place ....I thought about knocking on the front door even...
BUT....
It was Mother's Day after all.....
wasn't sure if that would be weird or not?!



So off we went...
 Down more blocks and back to the lake....
we returned our bikes after an hour and continued on our walk around the lake.  


We did stop by the snack shack of course for a small ice cream treat and then we ran to Target on our way home.  It was a fantastic outing and lovely day!

Thanks girls for the outing....looking forward to another real soon!

3 comments:

Jennifer A said...

Looks like you had a great day!

Jennifer A said...

Looks like you had a great day!

Kim said...

Oh, sorry your little man was sick but sounds like the girls day was pretty fun!!! Love that y'all posed by your old house!!!

Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...