Sunday, February 2, 2014

Swimming, swimming, just keep swimming…..

So many people, so many activities, so much going on……

I read on Facebook and other blogs that yesterday was an active day for all.  Some were attending children's basketball games, hockey games, dance shows, AND swim meets!  (Others were preparing for running 37 miles, marathons TODAY, and we all know certain football players may have been resting or doing a light work out in anticipation for a BIG BALL game today!)

We were at Owen's swim meet.  It was hosted by his swim club about 20 minutes away and it was packed full of kids~coaches and parents.

****The positive was that hubs and I volunteered to be timers for the morning session.  We had front row seats ~ poolside close up action like no other.  They actually brought around snacks and water to us b/c they knew we couldn't leave our seats and YES we did get hungry and thirsty.  ;-) ***The negative we were busy!!!! DUH?! We caught a few moments of Owen's race and that was it.  I didn't have time to take any pictures.  I barely had time to wave my hand for a "relief timer" so that I could go to the bathroom.

We left the house at 6:50 AM….and returned about 2:30 PM…..not a full day but a tiring day nonetheless.  Weird how being busy but not really using much cardio can tire a person out.

We came home and had a late lunch and then hubs fixed pot of coffee to give us the kick in the butt we needed.  ha!

Today Owen has one more race 200 Freestyle.  Yesterday he placed 6th in the 100 Freestyle in 9-10 year old "B" time.  (There are A-BB-and B times) He did great for his first OFFICIAL, OFFICIAL swim meet.

Another busy day and like I said by the posts on Facebook every one else will be busy too until we all (or almost all) sit down to watch the Superbowl.  Whether we watch for the commercials, the game or the half time show it is fun to get together and share some laughs, moans, groans and cheers!

Good Luck to all who are doing something active today!!!  Do you best and forget the rest!!



1 comment:

Kim said...

Good luck to Owen today!!!
I hope your were able to actually see his race today!!

Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...