Thursday, January 2, 2014

SAVING Mr. BANKS!!!

We usually are not huge movie goers.  Especially in the theater.  I hate paying those prices when we can wait a few months and see it at the RedBox for $1.

But, why does Disney have to be so good?

We loved FROZEN~animation at its FINEST…..then, we heard that "Saving Mr. Banks" was
VERY GOOD and a MUST SEE.

Really?
I mean I like Mary Poppins and I can still break out in ...
"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down" or "Supercalifragilisticespalidocious" 
( correct spelling? I don't think so…purely sounded it out and I am not looking it up..ha!)

but, do I need to know more about Walt Disney or P.L. Travers (the author behind Mary Poppins?)
YES!

YES I do and YOU do too!

 Walt Disney and Tom Hanks (who plays him in the movie)

Animation….interesting how that came to be….you will have to go to the movie to learn more.
;-) 

P.L. Travers
the author.

This movie moved me more than FROZEN!  
I laughed,  smiled, was surprised and then sang along to "Lets Go Fly a Kite".
Then….
 I cried….and it simply touches you…as a daughter, as a child who watched the movie many years ago and as a mother/wife….emotions are a crazy thing…and then I cried a little more.

And as I left I told my family…..
it was better than FROZEN!
AHHHHH!

Spend the money, don't wait for the Redbox…
go see Saving Mr. Banks.

(it is PG-13 for a reason though…not really for kids under 10…we went as a family and every one loved it…even Owen said he was glad he went but, I wouldn't bring any one younger than 10)


1 comment:

Kim said...

I wondered about that movie - I've seen many previews and couldn't decide. Now I want to go (except I hate crying in the theater!).
And, I feel sure that you probably spelled that word exactly right!!

Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...