Monday, January 27, 2014

BE ALERT … the world needs more lerts!

Just like that day one is done!

I survived!  I didn't eat any sweets~whoa YES, that is huge alone ~ I mean 20 pounds did NOT come back from eating an overload of veggies and fruits.  ;-)

You know what I just realized….a click of the return button and BAM! We are able to wipe the slate clean.  Start Over.  Start a NEW POST.  Delete what ever we want to.

 Too bad weight can't be undone with a simple click of the return or delete button.

Oh, the power to delete what I don't like….hmmm, that could be good or bad couldn't it?  

Whatev ~ I must wait.  Just as it came on through my days of craziness and out of control it must come off through days of awareness and self-control.

I am aware again of what I am putting in my mouth.

I am aware that I enjoyed wearing jeans FINALLY and occasionally instead of the sweat pants I have been living in.

I am aware that although today the kids and I are enjoying our 4th SNOW DAY/SCHOOL CLOSURE ~ I know right? Cray! ~ Spring will be here soon!! I will be wanting to wear less clothing soon!!  I will be wanting more energy as I tackle my gardens and outside house plans.  (It's time to change things up around here and this is the summer I want to do it!)

So, being aware is where I am at.

Day one is done…..

And for what ever reason……A quote just popped into my head which goes waaay back to High School Anthropology class……I read this quote daily because it was on the teachers podium right in the front of the room…….

BE ALERT! ~ The world needs more lerts!

;-)

(It made me smile every day….time to be a lert!)




3 comments:

Biz said...

Yep, this weather is crazy and I am so over winter already.

Tomorrow morning when I get up to go to the gym? It will be -20 degrees with a windchill of -50! I live in Chicago, not Alaska!

Yum Yucky said...

I am very good with inventions. Gonna develop that "delete un-do button" and get right back to ya. ;)

Kim said...

Ha - love that quote - I don't know what a lert is but it made me smile!!!