Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's that time of year…..cookies, cookies and more cookies!

This is just the beginning...
I have never made cut out cookies before and I tried my MIL's old "Betty Crocker" recipe ….
it turned out OK…but, of course, it wasn't the same as how she made them.
I think I was missing an ingredient….
HER!

 Kenzie was confused….she thought it was Valentine's Day or something?
A heart?
Well, we are feeling the love girlie!

 Owen preferred the BIGGEST ones…..the fat boys…as we called them.

 A tree looking like it came straight out of a Dr. Seuss movie...
 a beautiful ~ bright ~ and oh so yummy ~ STAR!
 (Don't we all just want to be a beautiful bright STAR ~ this time of year and always….
well YOU ARE!!)
 more cookies!!!!
 we decided we actually really liked the drizzled multi-colored look…
Well, duh ~ more frosting the better!!
 YUM!
And yes there were some "normal" trees, santa's and bells…..
but who wants to be normal all the time??? 



FYI…the next day I tried Kneader's Sugar Cookie recipe it was and is as amazing as this girl
said on her blog.

Try it ~ you won't be disappointed ~ we weren't!!

2 comments:

Candice@hungrymotherrunner.com said...

Those are some awesome cookies! I love making sugar cookies! Mine always come out too soft and crumble..

Kim said...

Wow - y'all are all kind of awesome with those cookies!! I'm so lazy about baking -mostly I just don't enjoy it.
Our sugar cookies come out of a package and I set them on the baking sheet and place in the oven.