Monday, October 28, 2013

What I thought would be 4-hrs of forced family fun turned into 1...ha!

After all these years I was a little surprised that we have never been to an apple orchard.
As a family~to pick our own apples.

Well, Saturday afternoon was the day I was going to change that!

(Thinking it would be an afternoon affair I blocked out about 4 hours of "forced family fun" which to my happiness the girls did not have to be forced to go but the boy was not so sure about it)

*Hmm, maybe it was because he had a Halloween party to get to later and did not want to be late?


We ended up going to a local orchard rather than one farther away.
Hubby got right to the picking.....

 The girls too..
 Heck, the whole family went apple picking crazy!
 At one point I even said "Maybe, that's enough....we are going to have $20 in apples soon!" 
That seemed like a lot to me but, in retrospect I would rather spend $20 on fresh, yummy apples than a lot of other things....you know what I mean?
 Bonding in the trees...

 And we even tried our mapping skills ~ or lack there of ~ while wandering around the corn maze.
Not too bad but I wouldn't want to be out there at night....spooky!
All that excitement was done in about 70 minutes....Owen will definitely make it to his party on time...
One last picture of all three on the hay stack hill.

They were very well mannered and I must say it was one of the shortest yet, fun 
"Forced FAmily Fun" 
outings yet!


1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like, forced or not, they all ended up having fun!! Can't wait to see what you are going to do with all the apples you picked!