Thursday, October 10, 2013

10 for 10-10

Good Intentions is what they were.....Reality is what it is!

What I thought would be a very thoughtful and fun post about the different sporting events the kids have either taken part in or volunteered at recently is turning out to be a mixed~short~photo bomb of sorts....life.it.gets.busy.sometimes.  ;-)


I did not go to the boys first meet....I had to work but its OK.

Hubby took some pics and I heard play by play so I felt as though I was there.  Owen swam in 3 races a 50m and 100m back stroke and a 50m freestyle....I don't know which was which but he got 3rd, 5th and 5th place out of the 7? kids he raced against.

 deciding to go with the kneeling dive...


Next.....
 The girls and hubby volunteered along with others from the CC team at the TC Marathon this past Sunday....weather was perfect until a little shower came later in the day but overall a runner's dream day for sure.

 Posted previously but worth another look....

 wow...that makes me squint...

 parent and coaches volunteered too...
 boys and girls...
 Kenzie that is not how to hold your cup...ha!
WHAT? 
I think he missed his ride to the Dark Side and ended up on the wet side...



Other mentions from the girls once home and sharing:
1.  a runner passed out in front of their water station and needed complete first aid and a stretcher before he left.
2.  a top female marathoner forgot to wear a pull up b/c she had "crap" and "such" dried on and fresh running down her legs and all over her shorts....I know I have heard of it but never actually seen it....gross!!!
3.  they both think it would be fun to run a race farther than a 5K next year....cool!
4.  that Piper Jaffrey supplies nice treats for their volunteers and the candy was gone waaaay before the apples were....go figure!





Finally....
My share!

This relates to SO MANY things in our life right now!

It's one of those quotes I want to memorize and repeat often to feel at ease. 

AHHHHH!



1 comment:

Kim said...

The dried and fresh crap sort of icked me out!!! I hope that isn't me this weekend!!!