Saturday, October 5, 2013

1 Timothy 1:15

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance:  

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - of whom I am the worst.


I woke up about 4:45 AM this morning...it rained off and on all night so it definitely wasn't the best nights sleep.  I tossed and turned and then thought about "Things that seem wrong to me and my soul and how they have to be stifled b/c IF I really vented or shared my opinion I would probably be black listed from a lot of groups and people's perspective of me or even my family may change"

Isn't that weird?

I am sure I am not alone with this thinking.

Months ago a few ladies from my church began planning an all women's day retreat.  A time to bring women together to chat, reflect, share, laugh, have lunch and coffee of course, make a take home bracelet, and enjoy a wonderful speaker ~ the topic~ God, Girlfriends and Chocolate!

How can that NOT be good?

I was in.  Sign me up.

As the time got closer I felt unsure.  My introvert(ness) started surfacing.

Guess what?  Today is the day for the retreat!
I am going but I plan on leaving during the afternoon personal reflection time....after the bracelet making....and 90 minutes before its suppose to wrap up.  I am still participating but giving an opening in case I start to feel suffocated.  

Isn't that weird?

I turned on my phone and tapped my Bible *daily quotes* app....

the above "saying" is what popped up for today....
as if confirming 
I may have crazy thoughts, I may not be perfect, I even may want to skip out early from a CHURCH RETREAT with CHOCOLATE, I am a sinner but I will still be SAVED!

Whew!


1 comment:

Kim said...

Great post, Kathy!!! I'm right there with you - if I shared some of my inner thoughts and past stuff it could be scary!!!
I hope you have a fantastic time at the retreat and feel 100% comfortable!!!