Saturday, July 13, 2013

The rain, rain, rain came down and Momma she did a bailing.....really I did!

It's Saturday morning....not early as in its only 6:04 AM right now...but, early because I went to bed at 10:45PM (late for me~due to work schedule) and I pretty much have been up since 3:22 AM (when cute 10 year old boy came a poking on my shoulder)!!  

Why???

He said: "I know you are sleeping mom but I keep hearing this rumble and see flashes of light and well, its making me kind of scared" 

My tired reply:  "Oh, Owen.....Owen....Owen....its nothing go back to bed"

He did!

However, about 15 minutes later he was back with another poke/jab......."Mom, its starting to rain and thunder....Couldn't I just sleep with you?" 

"Yes, get in"  Thinking that had solved all problems and I could now get some sleep.......but NO.  Another 5-10 minutes later I start to feel a feather like sweep of his fingers on my arm....and then, "Mom, I am getting kind of sweaty between you and dad; couldn't you just walk me to the basement and I could sleep down there.?!" 

"Why yes, Owen I could do that." 

Oh, and look its now 4:12 and my alarm is set to go off at 4:55 so I can get the girls up and drop them at their carpool location for their Cross Country volunteer duty by 5:30!!!! Did I go back to bed? I think not.  I was too nervous I would over sleep.  Was I suppose to go to Mpls. and volunteer too? YES I was............but thankfully they had enough adult drivers and kids so YES ~ I did a BAILING!!!

(THINKING I would go back to bed but quickly realizing I am awake ~ I now sit here while the boy is downstairs snoring!!! ) Oh to be a MOM!!



Other happenings this week:

Nicole had a week of ZOO TEEN 
so Kenzie, Owen and I went and walked around the zoo one afternoon......

Kenzie met a lazy something...

 and another sleepy something....

 Owen had two baseball games.
One was super hot and sticky...no photos
since I had to hold an umbrella for shade the entire time.
;-)

These pics are from the second game....the top photo shows he made it to 2nd base once.
The bottom proves he was on 3rd for a bit. Yep, exciting stuff here!

And no umbrella for tonight's game.  Instead after about an hour in I pulled out the blanket to cover up with and stay warm.....to which some other mom's followed my lead.  ;-)


Crazy temperatures here in MN I tell ya!

Happy Saturday Campers to all.......


1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh - you are so much nicer than me with that whole middle of the night thing!! I hope you get a nap today!!!
And, that is crazy that at 2 ball games in one week you went from extreme heat to needing a blanket!

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...