Thursday, July 18, 2013

3 Randoms this HOT and HUMID Thursday!

1.  Who doesn't love to have their hair done?  I always want to try something different but usually don't stray too far from the normal highlights and low lights.  This time she just made the streaks a bit chunkier.  

Not bad if I do say so myself.  Now if I can just get those darn bags under my eyes to disappear!!


2.  Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies?  Well, when I mentioned to the kiddos I didn't feel like going to the Y today and that I felt more like making cookies they were all smiles!  (Go figure!) I looked through my recipe box TWICE and couldn't find my "go to ~ hand me down ~ recipe from mom" so what else would one do .........but, ask Google for a recipe.  

One of the first ones I found received 5 stars and said "Super Easy".   
Done! 
And Done! 


Picture of the finished product. Only thing I added were some Chia Seeds and after sampling *cough* just a few* cough* or maybe more* we all agreed that they deserved the 5 STARS and I will definitely be saving that recipe!
IN case you are curious:
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter (I used 1.5 sticks of butter and 1/4 c. butter shortening)
1 egg
blend all together until peaks form just a bit then add:
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 1/4 c. flour
blend some more and finally add as much or as little chocolate chips as you desire.
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes depending on your oven.

ENJOY!!

3.  And finally, Who doesn't have a garage door opener in their vehicle these days?  Nicole!  That's who....until today any way.  Owen and I ran to Menards this morning!  I don't know why but I kind of like that store....they have a fun Christmas display during the holidays and lots of summer seasonal items to check out ~ while freezing b/c I forgot to bring a sweater along and my tank top was not keeping me warm with their A/C on full.  Anyway...........I was in search of a Universal Garage door Remote Opener for Nicole and her car...................

Not only did I find one for a mere $34....Sad? Happy? Don't really know the price of openers these days but I bought it b/c it was the only one.  But, I also got home and programmed it in less than 5 minutes. Oh, yes I did!!! I guess I am talented like that!! HAHAHA!  ;-)  (It was stoopid easy so really any one could have done it but I did it so I get to brag!)



Now an afternoon to do what? 

Stay inside and out of the heat ..... because we will be baking in it tonight during Owen's baseball game ......or go out and sweat?

The girls have volunteered with our church this week *each night* from 5:45 to 8:15 PM.  Oh the stories they have shared.  Not sure if either of them would ever want to be a preschool teacher after this week.  hee hee!  Even if it is Vacation Bible School and even if they have to lead 12  kiddos about age 7 to each station and even though some adults help out here and there THEY (my girls) are STILL in CHARGE!  And as they have said ......THE BOYS JUST DON'T LISTEN!  ha ha ha 



Have a Great Day!  Be Somebody and Transform yourself or others!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the chunky high-lights (or are they low-lights) - I don't really know the difference but it looks great!
Those cookies look really good - I'm the world's worst baker so I never really do it!

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...