Saturday, March 9, 2013

What I have been up to....

Around January 4th I joined an on-line weight loss group.  (Thinking that it may jump start me to lose my holiday weight gain)  Everybody had to pay $25 to start/join and then you were given 6 weeks ...I think...to lose 4% of your weight...complete with weigh in pictures and all.  ;-)  Obviously, the more people that join and didn't lose means those that DID lose would share a bigger POT of $ at the end.  I think my goal was to lose 5.2 pounds or something....sad to say I DID NOT lose the weight and I donated my $25 to the others who DID LOSE to share.  (I am so generous that way...ha!)

Well, the lady who started the weight lose group is called....http://fitknitchick.com.  (Tamara) Not only is she an on-line personal trainer with tons of daily tips but she also KNITS!!!  And she agreed (after a bunch of us asked her ;-) to do some beginner 101 knitting tutorials!! It's been super fun and super frustrating at the same!  But, overall I am so glad I am learning something I have wanted to learn forever!!! And it keeps my hands busy so I can't be eating...WIN~WIN


So I bought basic cream and started watching her videos.



I totally have a new respect for knitters!! 
It takes:
 Patience....
Nimble fingers
Patience...
no distractions
patience...
alone time
and 
patience!

And after about of week of starting~pulling apart~starting and pulling apart again...I wish I would have kept track but I think I started at least 15 different times before I finally got it to look like this:
 My first knitted swatch!  With the KNIT STITCH...knitting terminology...are you in?
HA!
;-)
So proud....next video/lesson...the Purl stitch!



For your Random pleasure:
Kenzie was going running the other day....neon running I think?
At least she was noticed by cars and others!! 



More random happenings around here.....

Last night was Owen's Elementary school "Family Fun Night".  Nicole and I worked the candy booth/table.....that was one busy table!!! Makenzie and Owen found friends and were eating and dancing all night.  And Hubs skipped out....planned? Hmmmm....I don't think so? He and his buds went to the HIGH School Hockey Tournaments.  They actually do this every year it just so happened to fall on the same night as the "Fun Night" at school.   (He didn't miss much at the school but he did miss being INSIDE the Xcel for the trny......it was SOLD OUT....no tickets left for the boys and they weren't about to pay scalpers prices of $50 a ticket..whew!) 

Tonight Hubby, Nicole and I are headed to North High School to watch the Boys Basketball team play for their spot at the BB State Tournaments which are held next weekend.  It should be an easy win for them tonight but "You can't count your chickens until they hatch" right?!

That's about it...time for some supper and such before we go!! 

Three weeks until SPRING BREAK!! WooHoo!!

3 comments:

hiker mom said...

If I tried to knit I would go insane! I am not patient enough to do anything like that unfortunately. Wish I could!

Kim said...

I don't have the patience to knit. I used to do counted cross stitch but haven't done that in years. Good luck learning the next stitch!

Tamara said...

Kathy, your knitting is looking great! Get going on that purl stitch, girl, your have stocking stitch coming up real soon!

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...