Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What a difference 24 hours can make!!

 Yesterday is O.V.E.R......Yea!!  That's all I can say...it was a weird bug but I began feeling better about 5 pm last night...almost 24 hours exactly to when it began Monday night.  Today I have more energy, more of an appetite (well, actually that can back like a vengeance about 5PM too...all of a sudden I was craving every thing so I ate and it stayed IN...success!) I have a smallish list of "things to do" and then I may get out of the house and go for a drive to feel the NATURAL SUN on my face while driving.  Ahhhhh....thoughts of summer are so close and yet so far.


Owen asked me what there was for a snack for school today....I told him granola bars and then my tongue slipped and said, "Or I could make you some cookies." You can probably guess his answer. ha!

I was in a little speed mode so.....

these two waited just out side the kitchen while I was grabbing my ingredients and pans and making all kinds of noise....

Done!
Hmmmm....As you can see in the photo he could have chosen a banana or a clementine ~
but no, the soft molasses cookies were picked first this morning!


If you give a boy a cookie he is going to want milk to go with it.


And if you give a boy milk and a cookie he is going to be speechless but able to 
still give you a "thumbs up"!



So today I will think of this quote.


I am a mom who made cookies for her boy this morning.
He was thrilled
and 
I am happy!



I am also thrilled because I received a phone call from my mom this morning and she said...."weather permitting" (because that is how we start most conversations that may involve winter storm traveling in MN) My sister Nancy, my dad and she will be coming down in a couple of weeks to go to my cousin's baby shower with me!! Well, that should be FUN!  

5 comments:

Ginger Foxxx said...

OMG, i love the "satisfied customer" photo! Glad to hear you are feeling better - i have gotten the 24-hour bug before, it is no fun at all. I usually chalk it up to eating something funky - who knows! I am normally not up and making cookies the next day though - bravo!

Kim said...

You are incredible - sick one day and making cookies the next! I love the "if you give a boy a cookie" - some of my favorite books!!!
Great quote - hard for all of us (especially moms) to remember to love ourselves!!!

Kim said...

You are incredible - sick one day and making cookies the next! I love the "if you give a boy a cookie" - some of my favorite books!!!
Great quote - hard for all of us (especially moms) to remember to love ourselves!!!

Corrie Anne said...

So glad you are feeling better... I know how MN weather can be -- hoping it stays nice for the visit!

STUFT Mama said...

So glad you're feeling better. Love your kitchen "helpers". :)

Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...