Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I will give you a quarter if you.....



Today I don't know many kids who will do much for a quarter....it takes at least a dollar to motivate the kids over here.

The latest motivation bribe with the boy is:

We will buy you a toy (with in reason ;-) if you pick up ALL THE POOP IN THE YARD! 
His response...."Really?  OK, I will do it tonight"....

Note to self:  "Toy motivation works Amazingly!!"

Although, as much as I would like to have the yard free of the unsightly clumps that have been half eaten, licked, tasted and then thrown back up....I don't think the boy can do it alone.  ;-(  Most clumps are frozen in the snow... an older sibling or parent will have to help him chisel them a bit.  

Or we wait for a January thaw.....and wait....and wait....and wait.




(I am still struggling over here with the motivation to do anything ~ other than eat!) I have eaten a ton...I am exercising less...I am in a funk of S.A.D....I know it and I feel bad for my family that has to put up with me when I don't like putting up with myself right now)

It may be time for a break...I really need to take control of happier thoughts, feelings, and move up and out of this dark hole. 



3 comments:

Kim said...

Ohhh...sorry that you are struggling so much!!! I think January and February are the worst 2 months of the year - after holiday let-down, awful weather and much illness!!! I hope you have many sunny days in the near future!!!!

hiker mom said...

That made me crack up! My back yard is covered in poo since the weather has sucked so bad. I know I have to get out there and scoop, but I just can't make myself do it! If my kids do it, they leave bits, ugh! Luckily there are leaves back there to cover up the piles, so it doesn't look so bad:) Hope the sun comes out soon and you feel better.

Julie said...

Plan a vacation, something sunny to look forward to! :)