Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Reflections ~ Welcome 2013!


20 Questions for a New Year’s Reflection


1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
 We finally took the family to Disney World!!  
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
I had to deal with my first big running injury...my hip.  I couldn't bear weight on it for quite a while and ended up getting a cortisone shot...still it took weeks before even running slowly around the block.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
How much fun we had at Disney....I wasn't sure how it would go....if I would be stressed, nervous, enjoy rides (I usually get sick), I also have a little money thing (tend to NOT want to spend), but this trip was AWESOME!  Hoping to go back Christmas 2013!!

4. What was an unexpected obstacle? 
see #2
5. Pick three words to describe 2012.
challenging, frustrating, exciting
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2012—don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you. (If you’re not married, have fun guessing the answers from other friends and family, or just skip this question.) fun, stressed, complaining/worrier 
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2012—again, without asking. 
stressed, good, "really nice" *quoted from Christmas Vacation*
8. What were the best books you read this year?
Just finished "Silver Lining", "Long Run", and "Love your LIfe" by Victoria Osteen
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
Hubby ~ family FOR SURE!!........and my friend Stacey (work out buddy)
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Really evaluating how food effects my body both physically and mentally
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I am always growing in this department
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I started teaching 4th grade Sunday School at church....this has definitely allowed me to have more "Bible time" and "study time" while reading over the weekly lesson.  
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
I feel I have got stronger and when not binging...leaner.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
Hopefully I am letting the "little things" go more....only worry about the bigger picture? 
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
Demoting myself from a "lead supervisor" at work.  Thus, I don't have to work weekends any more...just pick up shifts if I want to.  ;-)
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
Interaction with people. period.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
All my extra errands to Target or Walmart for little things I would forget or simply want ...spaghetti squash comes to mind.  
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Early morning exercising and quiet time coffee!!
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
Nutrition is HUGE!!!! Exercise is GREAT!! Sugar BLOATS! (yes...I guess I had 3 things)
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2012 for you.
Obstacles are just obstacles.....either go around them, go over them, or move them....just keep going and don't let them stop you! (not bad for just thinking of that!) ha!


Happy New Year Everyone!!  What will this year have in store for all of us?  Whether ups or downs let us learn and live through them...growing stronger, wiser, and better because of it.  ;-)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Happy New Year!

Corrie Anne said...

I love a good demotion. I really do. :) I know I could be doing better professionally working in a school or something, but I'm loving working for myself!!

Laura @ Mommy run fast said...

Great recap of your year! Injuries are awful... I'm so glad the hip issue is behind you. Wishing you a healthy, happy 2013!

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...