Thursday, October 18, 2012

Running Pop Quiz

1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
              

Peanut Butter GU is my current fav....but I would not refuse any berry flavor too.

2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?

  I ran two 1/2 Marathons last year and then got a hip injury.  After further x-rays and a cortisone shot my longest runs will now be 10K. ;-) 

3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?

 Any thing that doesn't ride up my inner thighs!!!! No skorts for me.

4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?

Before a run I like CLICK protein drinks I usually mix it with water and spinach and then wait about 30 minutes....energy is amazing.  ;-) 

Vanilla Latte 16 oz. Canister

CLICK is a rich, delicious powdered beverage. Each 12- 14 ounce serving contains a double shot of gourmet espresso coffee, 15 grams of lasting protein and 23 essential vitamins and minerals. All CLICK products are naturally flavored, colored, gluten-free and CLICK’s high quality protein is made from cows that are NOT treated with the rBST.
CLICK Espresso Protein Drink - Vanilla Latte

5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?

Prefer early morning when its cool....not cold...but cool.  

6. Running Shoe Brands: Suacony, Mizuno, Nike, Brookes, Asics or Other?
Lately I have been all BROOKS....weird how the feet just know what feels good to them!                        

7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?

At least an hour before a race I like oatmeal with some fruit, canned pumpkin, and maybe even some chocolate chips.  ;-)  a little coffee doesn't hurt either.                                    

8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?
 Right now (because its darker longer in the am and I don't run in the dark....and only use a treadmill when I HAVE to) I do 2 cycle classes, 2 body pump classes and 2 running days a week....which means I have ONE rest day a week too.  ;-) 

9. Music: Have to have it or go without it? 

I like music but I don't have to have it. 

10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or Other?

  IT FEELS GOOD....weight loss, rid my thighs of flab and tone, its MY time to be alone (stress relief), to indulge in Cherry Berry ..self serve yogurt goodness and to be a healthy and sort of a fit role model for my kiddos.  


This quiz came from here I thought it was fun so I joined in.  Feel free to do the same so I can learn more about you too.  

2 comments:

Corrie Anne said...

I LOVE CLICK! I like to drink it hot actually. My longest race so far has been 10 miles.

Runner Maybe said...

I really wanted to LOVE Click...but it never mixes well for me. I am not sure what I am doing or if I am just to picky about my protien powders.