Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I did it for Colton!

It is perfect here (weather related) compared to the folks near "Sandy"..... so crazy how one part of the US can be so effected by horrible weather and another part have it sunny and simply cold.  Kind of like when we get BLIZZARDS (and I am not talking from Dairy Queen) in MN and others can be wearing shorts in Florida.

Weather is a crazy thing.   So is CANCER!

If you have read Livin' The Fit Life then you probably are aware of Colton and Colton's Army.  Colton has been diagnosed with a rare form of Leukemia.  He has battled, and had a break (remission) and then it came back.  Any time kids are fighting THAT fight its kind of breaks your heart.  The innocence of children and the lack of understanding just makes it difficult to see the purpose of the illness......but, as I reminded myself again just lately.....God doesn't dessert us.....Whatever God brings to us HE will and is there to bring us THROUGH it.

No giving up HOPE......God has his plan its just that we don't know what it is just yet.

So, while we and Colton fight... Rachelle...aka..."Hiker Mom"... is having a virtual 5k race for him.  Trying to raise some money and awareness for him.  Just doing some thing for HIM!

I ran my 5k this morning.  I did 3.2 miles in 29.47 minutes ....plenty of people can beat that time.  But, its good for me.  Then, I continued to run until I hit 4.5 miles....I was getting tired, the hill I just ran up took my breath away, but I really thought of Colton and kids with cancer and for the next .5 miles I repeated...I can do this just as Colton can beat his cancer!!! Over and over and over again...finally, 5.0 miles popped up on the Garmin!  Time:  46.11 I am pretty sure that is a new PR for me!

Thanks Colton for giving me the boost I needed...
hopefully your Army is giving you a boost you need too!  

2 comments:

hiker mom said...

Great job Kathy! Thanks for participating:) Glad you had some sunshine for your run!

Corrie Anne said...

Congrats on such a great run!!

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...