Saturday, October 6, 2012

I cannot party like a rock star any more....

(yea, those of you that really know me know I never 
REALLY partied like a ROCK STAR any way
 but, after last night's fail I have officially become old and cranky.)

Hubs and I shared a beer prior to being picked up by our friends.

We got to Lucky 13 early to get a table.  (Ordered a beer...yes, a tall one) Yea...no biggy....I nursed it for about 30 minutes or so.  Ate too much popcorn and ordered a Buffalo chicken salad.  Drank two glasses of water b/c the sauce was kind of hot and I was ready to call it a night.  Hello BED!

SAD.....Right?
Geesh 43 going on 63.
(actually I think some 63 yr. olds may be able to out last me)

Instead we left and went to our bowling venue for ATOMIC BOWLING!  Complete with dimmed lights, disco lights, loud music and 3-two "aka..cheap" BEER!  The guys immediately got a couple of pitchers and then a couple more and after drinking some more water I finally had about a half a glass of beer too.  We all bowled a game...I scored a 92 and hubs was the winner with 4 STRIKES IN A ROW and a 164!

Then they wanted to go to some one's house for a "night cap".  One more drink?  No way!  My bed was majorly calling my name at this point and I was actually getting a head ache.  Was it the music?  The disco lights? The beer?  Or all three?  I rained on everyone's idea and we left for home.

I was in bed by 11:30
and up every couple of hours after....
thirsty
thirsty 
thirsty
stomach swirl
stomach swirl
head swirl
What's up with that???

The chicken?
The 1 1/2 beers?
Again...the music? lights?

Finally, I slept and woke at 5:39am...time to get the dogs out...take more ibuprofen...drink some Diet Coke ...and make a banana/pumpkin protein shake before changing and head to Body Pump at 7AM.

Yep, I am that girl....who can say so long to all night gatherings so I can get to bed early and be well rested to work out in the morning.  I am so happy I was able to work out and all of the horrible feelings subsided by 6:45 while setting up my equipment in class.  ;-)


Anyone else choose working out 
over late nights with friends?





1 comment:

Corrie Anne said...

Lol.. yeah I'd choose working out. And I so never drink. I just have never gotten into it. Haha.

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...