Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Baked/Roasted Zucchini

I love zucchini and when I read STUFT Mama's Blog and she told of her creation of roasted zucchini I thought I had to try it....go here to see her zucchini noodles and her awesome blog.

However, mine did not end up looking like hers but I am sure they tasted just as wonderful!! (At least I liked them even if NO BODY ELSE in my family did!  ;-)



First I cut them up....


Next I sprayed them with baking/cooking spray and sprinkled them with garlic salt, dried oregano, roasted garlic seasoning and some bacon bits.  (I added the bacon bits on my own...mmmm, good call I must say)  Into the oven at 400 for 20 minutes and .......


WaaLaa!!! (very technical term isn't it?) Well, I was a bit disappointed they didn't darken like Stuft Mama's did...she did say she burnt hers but I didn't want to do that so I tried them as is....and.....YUM!

I loved the garlicky taste and the bacon bits together the zucchini was soft but crisp? Go figure?!



Nothing to do but enjoy!  (and laugh at my weird "V" in my neck since I am not good at taking self portraits!)


1 comment:

Ginger Foxxx said...

Life saver!! I got 4 zucchini in my veggie box last week and did NOT know what to do with them!!

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...