Sunday, May 13, 2012

What I received today...

The biggest holiday where mother's tend to have an affair (after) is winding down.
(Oh, you didn't know that?  Yea, I heard it on the radio last week....I guess when we feel unappreciated on what is suppose to be "OUR" day to be honored for what we do for the family....we retaliate by seeking some one who would appreciate what we do....go figure)



So, I woke up...soon after the boy did....nothing.
A little later Kenz woke up...nothing.
(WT? I guess they forgot the day too.)

I took the dog for a walk...when I got back these cards and a gift were out...thanks to Coley who remembered when she finally got up...

So.....this is Owen's drawing of me on his card...
He said, "I tried my best!" 
I agree....I usually do have one arm and one leg bigger than the other.
;-)


This was from Kenzie....she said she would have done more but she was rushed and that was all she could finish....What? Didn't she have 364 days to plan the perfect card/drawing? Ha!
I told her I thought we looked like the "YaWhoDoorhi's" (sp? I know?) 
The people from "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas." 


And finally, Coley's card....
No drawing of me just straight to the point...kind of like her.
(who happens to be the child most like me)


We drove into Mpls. to run around Lake Harriet 
(Cole and I did it twice for a total of 5.5 miles)
After that we came home and had some of the DQ Caramel Log Cake that was purchased for the event and some left over lunch stuff....then straight out side to plant flowers, strip the deck, pick weeds and so much more...we are exhausted and happy.
It's been a great day!

4 comments:

Michelle Dragoo said...

awh! Love the pictures! Happy Mother's day friend!

Losing Lindy said...

Happy Mother's Day! I am glad it was great!

Runner Maybe said...

Sounds like it was a great day!

Taryn said...

What a great mother's day! How thoughtful of your kids! :)