Wednesday, April 18, 2012

3 days...will I make it?

As most of you know my second HALF Marathon is coming up this Saturday, April 21st!

I have been running and I guess my legs feel ready but my mind and throat are definitely NOT. My throat starting hurting yesterday at work. It hurts to swallow. When clearing my throat you can kind of feel "gunk" (yes, that is a real technical term) moving around and then settling back down. ;-(

Now my mind. Hubby and I signed up to run the HALF together. However, he is having some back issues and doesn't think he will be able to run. That leaves me to run alone, with my iPod, on a course I have never been to and in a city I have never run in. He said he will drive with me and cheer me on....but still.....I have to run alone? Granted I LIKE running alone around the neighborhood.... however, in this circumstance I would rather have him by my side.

Anxiety is kicking in and stress is on over load. (Not too mention a certain child who cried for about an hour last night b/c she too has been feeling a lot of stress at school with homework and after school activities) Some times I just wish I had a MAGIC WAND to make it all better. Sometimes I get out the bible and let verses give her strength where my words can't. Sometimes I am OK with letting her feel stressed...after all, life is about stress~how to deal with it, learn from it, and get through it.

I told her the stress she feels now is nothing to the stress she may feel in a year or even 5 years. It's all relative but it comes and it does make us STRONGER! If life is always easy....we wouldn't know what it is like to fail and then succeed again!

Not sure how this will all go down right now...hope my throat thing doesn't get any worse, hubby's back takes a miraculous turn for the better, and our little girl feels uplifted by last night's discussion and well rested after a good sleep. Til tomorrow.

4 comments:

Taryn said...

I bet you will do great at the half!!! The course is very beautiful...and you have prepared well. YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)

Sending happy awesome thoughts your way...you are amazing!

Runner Maybe said...

I hope the throat thing goes away. If you have to run by yourself you will do great.

Ali Mc said...

you are going to do fine. The pre-race anxiety is normal and I can't wait to see your smiling face afterwards when I read your recap.

It's too bad the hubby is coping out....I'd force Colin ;) lol

Losing Lindy said...

You will do great! Don't let some allergies get in your way. You have been doing this for you, now get out there and do it for you!