Sunday, March 18, 2012

I bet you didn't do this on YOUR Friday night....

How many of you still have your wedding dress?

How many of you have tried it on since your wedding day?

TA DA!! I still have mine and I tried it on for the first time since our wedding on Friday night (16th). I discovered a few things by doing so......

First ...it still fit!! Second....if you want to REALLY embarrass your children walk outside and show them and their friends what you looked like on your wedding day. And Third....it totally turned on hubby by seeing me in it again! HA! (and that's with no make up or hair done..straight from the shower baby!)
Oh, and finally.....I realized that if I were to be married today or ever again I probably wouldn't pick this type of dress. I guess its a sign of the times....the lace on the arms felt itchy and I didn't like the "poofy" sleeves (as my girls were quick to point out too).

Then, I asked the girls if they would like to wear my dress when/if they get married....they both PROMPTLY and with out any HESITATION said "NO!" I guess I will just keep it for yearly weight check ins. Ha!

4 comments:

Losing Lindy said...

good for you!!!

Jen said...

Awesome! I still have mine, but it is all boxed up. I might have to take it out and try it on.

Michelle Dragoo said...

LOVE this! I too have mine, but it's in a preserved box...hehe!

Taryn said...

This is awesome!!! Love it!

Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...