Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Church bars gone wrong=sweet tooth disaster

My daughter's senior youth group is in charge of the "Baked Potato Bar" and desserts for the lenten supper tonight. I volunteered to bring a pan of bars. Easy. (or so I thought) I tried my recipe for Zebra Brownies....cream cheese~sugar~vanilla for the "white" part and Fudge Brownie mix for the "chocolate" part....do a little knife swirl jig and waalaa....Zebra Brownies. (or so I thought)

I guess I didn't swirl my knife just right?

I went to cut them and the tops lifted off the bottoms. Weird? It was like you held both ends and lifted ....as one would do to an Oreo cookie when they want to pull the layers apart....but, I didn't do that I just cut them and they started lifting. ;-( Well, I couldn't serve "not perfect bars" to the church folk right?!

I told the fam the bars were staying home and could be eaten.....stand back because I think the flood gates opened up.....YOU WOULD THINK I HAVEN'T MADE BROWNIES in ages!!! They loved the messy, layered, eat as you please idea....in fact Owen said, "This is the BEST day ever!" ha! So sad....

Sorry, by the time I thought about taking pictures I was too busy doubled over holding my 8-month prego~like stomach with hopes of puking and thoughts of WHY OH WHY DID I JUST BINGE LIKE THAT? They satisfied my sweet tooth and caused much tossing and turning during the night.....a full stomach of brownies just doesn't digest well at 9 PM I guess. Lesson learned!

Guess what I am doing later?





Yep, hitting Target bakery for some pre made cookies/bars to bring to church....hahaha!



4 comments:

Taryn said...

I love it!!! Cute story...too bad about the brownies...they sound delicious though!

Losing Lindy said...

wow, that is weird!

Ali Mc said...

hahaha the flood gates opened! I can't totally relate - if I was told that I wouldve devoured those tops and bottoms! lol

That sucks that they didn't turn out though. I'd try making those fruit and granola bars. I don't know if you have M&M Meats but I buy their nanimo bars all the time - EASY

Or hit up my recipe page for my version of them ;)

Ali Mc said...

hahaha the flood gates opened! I can't totally relate - if I was told that I wouldve devoured those tops and bottoms! lol

That sucks that they didn't turn out though. I'd try making those fruit and granola bars. I don't know if you have M&M Meats but I buy their nanimo bars all the time - EASY

Or hit up my recipe page for my version of them ;)

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...