Monday, February 20, 2012

So close but not quite

Yesterday I really wanted to get in 4 miles...EZ. ;-)

Do you ever have one of those days where all you do is run to the next event? Be it work, exercise, groceries, kids, etc...Lately I feel a large majority of my days are like this and I don't remember them ever being like that before.

Even Sunday.

We went to church (had a guest speaker and singer so it ran about 15 minutes later than usual). Had to go straight to work. After a quick change I was ready. Worked my 3 hours...I know no biggy ...but, oh, I was getting hungry! (Ate a quick granola bar and orange...downed some water ...thought about going home but, decided it would be best to stay and exercise)

Started slow....1 mile...2 miles....run~WALK~run~WALk....3 miles...3.8! Done! I had 4 miles on the calendar but I just didn't have it in me.

Got home....expecting some thing different and not seeing what I thought...showered and started making supper....ran daughter to friends house....cleaned up a bit...started laundry....DEFEATED!

I was Done! (with a capital D!) Exhausted!

I began to eat everything I could find in the house and then made an excuse not to go to cycle at 6 am this morning.......BUT, MY work out buddy did not respond to my excuse....assuming she would be there I WENT ! Can't let a buddy down.....;-)

She got the text...

She slept in....

I was there this AM....dragging the first 5 minutes but felt great after the 45 was done!

Who knew???

I surprised myself today and its only 8:28 AM....what else will today bring?




3 comments:

Losing Lindy said...

I convinced myself to do my whole 5.

Taryn said...

That's awesome! Way to keep up your mileage...even getting through that mental block. You are fantastic!

Ali Mc said...

great job with your run and I could never work on Sundays. Saturday is enough weekend work for me thanks.