Sunday, January 15, 2012

What a weekend...

It started out with our little scouts First Ever Pinewood Derby!! Now, the boy wasn't TOO "into" the building of his car so we (hubby) just let him paint it, put on some decals, and pick out a number for it...no weights were added or extra "stuff". What ever the extra stuff would be I don't really know any way...it was MY first derby too...and maybe the last?! (HA!)

The boys were ready and excited to say the least. Our boy is the one with his eyes wide shut...so much for great photography on my part. ;-)

Can you guess which car is his? Some of them looked really cool! There is one shaped like a football, a semi truck, an eagle, and many more ...the boys really enjoyed just checking out the different styles.
The cars were in the start...
And down they went....each race was over in 2.5 seconds approximately. Whew! There were only 44 cars and each car had to take a turn on each lane so it took a little while to finish and the boredom set in but, I made it through like a true scout mom would. ;-)

More cars. See the eagle, Lightening McQueen and the Wii remote #22....that Wii car took Grand Prize! It is going on to Derby Districts. A whole day of more racing.....so glad we didn't win...ha! I don't know if I could have handled a whole days worth of that excitement again! ;-) (The funny thing, I don't think Owen minded either...it was fun but, not worth districts. Sorry)

Next up.....

A little work out, a little work, errands and a Country Concert!!

Saturday night Nicole and I went to the Xcel Center for a Brad Paisley, The Band Perry, and Scotty McCreery concert!! OMGoodness!!! It was MY first real concert at age 42 and my daughter's first concert at age 14...it was so fun to share that with her. We watched American Idol last season and sooooo loved Scotty so for Christmas we gave her the ticket to the concert. ;-) She and I loved it. Scotty opened and joined Brad later for a song. The girls were going crazy...(yes, even the older girls too..ha!)

The Band Perry put on a concert that would be headliner worthy and Brad was amazing. For some reason I didn't want to bring my camera. I didn't want to have to worry about a bigger purse to carry it and all......BIG MISTAKE!! Next time I will suck it up and carry the camera and bag to catch some pics. We tried to take some with our phones but our phones are cheap and take bad photos. Period.

Hubby and the kids have tomorrow off but, I will be working.....that's ok....I hear talk of them coming in to swim. ;-)

Must say this has been a fun weekend for a January in MN!






1 comment:

Losing Lindy said...

I love country music. I am glad you had a great time!