Sunday, January 8, 2012

So productive lately...

What have I done this week?

1. Thursday night I finally took down all the Christmas decor.
2. Friday I vacuumed and rearranged the top of my kitchen cabinets...scary huh? I think I sneezed more from the dust THAT day than any other in my life!

3. I rearranged and cleaned the family room. This includes moving pictures around on my walls and finally hanging up the kids' art. (Which I framed about a year ago and never got around to actually hanging. ;-)

4. I painted and then spray painted a side table we received from hubby's mom about 4 years ago. It has been in the garage THAT long! The kids use it during the summer as a desk, chair, picnic table, and many more things but, I finally decided that I need to use it in my bedroom. ;-)

5. And lastly, I painted my mudroom cabinet doors with chalkboard paint!! I have thought about doing this for a couple of years now.....its the room we probably use the most (next to the bathroom of course). We are constantly coming and going through our garage so if I need to leave the kids any notes or reminders they now have a cabinet door of their own for just THAT!

It feels so good to get all this done. Now, I may actually concentrate more on my eating and exercising....its only a week into the New Year after all ....I am not THAT far behind on my goals.




5 comments:

Losing Lindy said...

Wow come over,I could use your help!! How was that chalkboard paint? I am debating once I get more organized of painting it somewhere.

Julie said...

You go girl! We got Caleb's room put back together last night. Looks good and he thinks it's great!

Jen said...

I love days like that! Just crossing projects off the list! It feels great to get things done.

Losing Lindy said...

I am sorry that your youngest won't even try things. I make mine take "polite bites" of everything. I always make a couple of things (or give him fresh fruit)to finish. I let him have dessert if he finishes two things and has polite bites of everything else. They don't have to be big bites.

Laura said...

Impressive! Top of the cabinets...hmmm, I have no idea when that was last done in our house! Just came across your blog and enjoyed reading! :)

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...