Thursday, January 19, 2012

other years....















We had a lot of snow. We could enjoy our "winter" months. We made (or tried to make) snow animals....we even colored some water to give the animals a pastel look. ;-)













We (ok ...the kiddos) enjoyed making snow forts and sledding hills at the end of the driveway where we would pile up the snow after shoveling.



















And a few years ago dad even made a snowman taller than our little boy...Oh, too cute!

THIS year we still see the brown grass (as of today) peeking through the snow. No sledding has been done and no forts have been built. It's the coldest day of the year so far ...I think the morning temp was -14 with a wind chill making it feel colder. Brrrr! However, they are forecasting 2-4 inches tomorrow...scary thought......I may actually be excited for it!

OR maybe I am excited for some thing happening in just 47 days........


It involves sun, shorts, suits, and a drink or two I am sure!!

:-)

1 comment:

Losing Lindy said...

We are to get 6 inches tomorrow :(

Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...