Sunday, January 29, 2012

12 Wks til the next HALF!

Yep...You read that right!

Hubby and I signed up about a month ago for another half which takes places in his college town about an hour north of here. We run around the town, next to the river, and end up in the football stadium crossing the finish line. (I am sure the sweaty~tired~exhausted face of mine will be "real purdy" on the jumbo tron as I "trot" in) ha!

Our last half we followed some 12 Wk plan I got off the internet....I believe it was for "advanced beginners" and it seemed to suit us well giving a couple of rest days per week.

This time I am "tweaking" an intermediate 12 week plan. I have enjoyed my cycle classes lately so I will be running, cycling, and adding in intervals. (The seems to be the biggest difference between the two plans...more interval training...UGH......I suppose its to "beef up" *nice wordage right?* my speed right?)

Since I really haven't done much running since November I am not going to worry too much about my speed other than hoping to beat my last time by a minute....any time is BETTER than the first time so even if I am a MINUTE faster I will take it.

And I truly believe if I start to eat better it will all balance out in the end!

So here we go again!




2 comments:

Losing Lindy said...

good luck!!!

Heather @ Run Eat Play said...

Good luck with the half! I've been debating signing up for one, but I don't think my body can run that far!

Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...