Thursday, April 8, 2010

Funny ups and downs...

Just a few ups and downs that have happened lately......................

1. ThE uP: Hubby scraped the deck and I painted the deck..... 2 colors...it looked...well.... pretty good!
THE Down: It rained yesterday......all day. Turns out the areas where Rosie decided to go to the bathroom over the long winter ON OUR DECK do not mix well with new paint and rain. The new paint has peeled and bubbled!! Now I have to scrape again, apply a KILZ stain and repaint.

2. ThE UP: I painted my nails ORANGE yesterday {before work...it was a color from grandma to the girls for Easter... :-}

ThE Down: I hadn't put on my tennis shoes for work yet and was running late...tennis shoes and wet nails do not mix well. ;-(

3. ThE Up: Golf started for Nicole on Monday...$175 for about 8 weeks, Monday thru Friday from 3-5 PM every day. What a deal since sports these days are so expensive!
The Down: I am running constantly from 2:50 until 4:30. Pick up, drop off, get home to the other 2 kids, go pick up and get home. What's for supper? PANCAKES!!! {of course!}

4. ThE Up: Nicole got to watch a friends' TWO Guinea Pigs over Easter weekend. She loved it!
The Down: She made a Birthday list and hung it on the fridge. On it was listed : 2~Female Guinea Pigs complete with cage and stuff. {I broke the news to her that she will NOT be receiving any G.Pigs for her birthday ....as long as we own cats~ and she lives here.......} She left home in the morning with out saying good-bye. She was upset.

5. The Up: DECORATING Easter EGGS!!!
The Down: I go to eat an egg and the kids freak out!! "Don't eat MY egg!" "I want to save mine!" "Eat any one's BUT Mine!" Really? Do they think the eggs will last forever?

Happy Thursday....hope your Up's and Down's this week have been just as funny or interesting. I guess the thing to remember is even when we are down there will probably be an UP coming our way soon. We couldn't have UP's if we didn't experience the Down's in life too!! ;-)

2 comments:

FaithBarista Bonnie said...

Hi Kathy!

I just left a comment on your visit at Faith Barista... THANK YOU SO much for sharing...

You're awesome...

"@Kathy: We’ve all had one of those days.. or weeks.. What’s awesome is your heart.. It’s hard to catch ourselves sometimes, but it’s freeing to know He catches us each time and always with open arms."

I hope you have a great weekend!

HUGS. ;)

Jen @ Moms Sharpening Moms said...

I enjoyed reading this post. I like the idea of remembering to balance our downs with the ups. Thanks for stopping in at MomsSharpeningMoms. I always enjoy hearing from the Sharp Moms.

Blessings,

Jen