Tuesday, January 26, 2010

waiting...

Yes, I am a freak!
(HA...no shocker there right?)

Owen went to school today....
he had some hives show up on his legs last
night but nothing major compared to the weekend's show.
I worked this morning but thought of him often.

I can't wait to hear about his day and to
"check him over" when he gets home.
I am sure he is sick of me asking him all the time:
"Do you itch?"
"Are you breaking out?"
"Can I see your tummy, legs, arms?"
I am a Freak with a capital F!

He has an appt. with the allergist next Wed., Feb. 3rd.
I have heard from others who have had bad hives
and been tested and the tests have turned up nothing.
Another words,
the docs couldn't say for sure what caused the reaction.
I don't know if I can handle that.
I think, no, I know I want an answer.
I want to know its....
wheat, dust, pollen, some thing. Anything.
Then I can deal with it and not let it happen again.
The unknown may drive me batty.

I suppose I could carry Benadryl
with me every where I go
(JUST IN CASE)
any thing like this ever happens again.
I will be prepared.

Oh,
and the other 2 kids that I haven't mentioned in about a week
?
They are both well and doing great!
;-)



3 comments:

Matty said...

I'm glad to hear he's improved and is back in school. I guess medicine is not an exact science, so they can't give you a concrete answer. I hope you get it all figured out. I know that as a parent, it's frustrating when your child has a problem and no one can give you a hard and fast solution. Hang in there.

Brian Miller said...

glad to hear he is well enough to be back at school today. know it was stressful for you. hope all went well and continues as they try to figure it all out.

otin said...

You are not a freak, just a concerned Mother! I am glad that he went back to school and that everything seems to be returning to normal.