Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jan. 31st!!!

Yes!

It's the last day of January. And not that I am wishing my life away but, I am so wishing the snow, cold, and winter to go away. We are now one month closer to that. :-)

Today is my morning to relax.

It's so quiet here right now. (My cheeks hurt from smiling so much..ha!) The only noise I hear is the dryer ....there must be some thing in there with a zipper or button b/c I can hear it make that metal clanking noise every so often. I love it!

So where are the kids and hubby you ask?

(Because you know they are NOT here if it is that quiet in the house?)

Well, you are right. They just left. They are off to TWINS FEST!! They and I have never been to this event. But I think they have had it for about 50 years now? I could be wrong? ;)

Anyway, since we bought a couple of season tickets for their New OUTDOOR stadium this year we got some tickets and then hubby had some one at work give him a couple more. Free tickets woo hoo!!! (What hubby will spend today ......as he says........"For a good cause" "All the money goes towards the Twins" "It's a fundraiser after all".......will probably kill my excitement for the FREE tickets to get in.) HA!

It's a good "fatherly" day with the kids and a good quiet "motherly" day for me...I guess we all win. B/c you know had I gone with them....I would have said....."You're spending $10 on who's signature? That is so scribbly (word?) I could have written it and said it was his signature and kept the $10 for myself. We read in the paper that Joe Mauer's autograph was going for $25 a signing....whatever! I can think of a lot of other places to spend $25!!! Sorry Joe...say it ain't so....but I don't think its worth it....not just yours but any body's signature. It's just ink!

See good thing I stayed home. :-)

So enjoy your day....how ever you spend it! I can't wait for February!! My favorite month of winter!!! Why? It's a short month, we get yet another reason to eat chocolate, and..............................................................................................................................................................
It's MY Birthday Month!! What could be better than that? (Besides a surprise trip to Mexico?)

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

hope you enjoy the day. we got 14 inches of snow this weekend, so snowed in here. and no net at the house! had to escape for a few to catch up!

Anonymous said...

you're going to MEXICO???
Kathy E