Monday, January 18, 2010

The 2nd day is worse.

OK...After my post about our wonderful night of skiing I was feeling a bit "boasty".

Like:

"Yea, I haven't skied in 30 years but look at me now baby!"

"I am skiing, standing up right and not even sore!"

HA!

Boy, the SKI GODS got a good laugh out of me today. I feel it. My shoulder/back feel the tow rope nightmare. My thigh still shines a nice shade of purple. My calves hurt. And I am coughing. UGH! I seem to have caught some odd cough that starts tickling my throat around 7 PM and ALL NIGHT LONG it get worse. So pretty much no sleep for me last night. (Or hubby...sorry...and today he is tiling our kids' bathroom floor....what a guy!!!)

So on this Martin Luther King day we decided to stay home and decorate/make Gingerbread houses. We used graham crackers, frosting, fruit loops, Valentine candy hearts and Reese's peanut butter cereal .......Mmmmm, Can you say "Sugar High?" .........What was I thinking? I guess the skiing got to my head too. HA!

Then the girls and I went shopping...(we had to walk off some of that sugar). We got in on some 50% off the already 50% off winter sale. LOVE IT!!

Good thing back to same ol' same ol' tomorrow. Change is good until you get too much of it. HA!

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

lol. walking around shopping probably loosened up those muscles a bit. hope you are not too sore tomorrow. smiles.

otin said...

Last time I went, my brother had to help me off of the couch the next day.

mBa said...

So great that you guys have a place to ski close to you! Your story reminds me of good old Detroit Mountain! :) Can't wait to teach Mya how to ski!

I have been thinking, you should get your sisters blogging (I have tried to get Nancy to)...always so fun to see what people are up to, even when we live closer!

Happy Tuesday!

Maggie said...

That is awesome! I wish it snowed here!