Sunday, December 13, 2009

pLeASe let US be HeALthY!!

Oh what a week we have had!
I am sure you have heard of the saying, "When it rains it pours!"
Ours should be:
"When one upchucks they all upchuck!"
Others said,
"Oh, we had the stomach flu but only our son got it"
we were not as lucky!
Makenzie started on Monday
and was home Monday and Tuesday.
(snow day Wednesday)
Owen and Hubby started Wed. night and were home Thurs./Fri
Thurs. night I had a "swirly" stomach and other stuff
that shall remain nameless...gross!
I was down and out on Friday and by Friday night
Nicole started with, "Mom, I don't feel so good" and within seconds
lost it in the bathroom!
UGH!!!

Grandma and Grandpa were suppose to come
down for our children's church program
which was taking place this weekend!

They stayed home. Good thing!
I wouldn't want them to get this.
Nicole was suppose to sing, read, and play chimes during the program
She was in bed :-(
I felt so sorry for her...she had practiced so much.

But as I told her we have no control over certain things in life...
getting sick, death..(within reason), or who may or may not get cancer.
We just have to deal with it the best we can.

Here are some photos from the week...

The cats lounging together
(see how Dora snuggles her nose into Jackie)
How cute and cuddly!





Below is Makenzie with her duet partner Angela
and a pic with Owen.
(Saturday night before the service).




Just a quick photo of Kenzie before we left
Sunday morning for the days services.
I love this outfit on her.
She looks cute, comfy, and cozy.

She did a great job as did all the kids during their performances.



FYI...Nicole is better now and is singing
with her middle school tomorrow at the mall.
We will be there so I will try to get some photos of
her NOW that she is finally well.
Whew!

3 comments:

Matty said...

Drats. It's going around and so many people I know are sick or have been. Including our house. Knock wood though, I've been spared.....so far.

The kids look cute.

otin said...

One of these days you will be healthy! You have had a rough time of it with the sickness!

mBa said...

Love the pictures of your kids. Sorry to hear you were all not feeling well!

I have to agree with you, many companies are not having parties. The Wells Fargo party was also a potluck at someones home. But it was great to get together with everyone!

Ups and downs lately...

Up:  I think I finally found an ice cream my kids won't like...Java Chunk!  It tastes like coffee with chocolate chunks...Yum to me but ...