Thursday, November 19, 2009

In Awe!

WOW! That was great!

I didn't know what to expect. He was born without arms and a club foot.
He now plays guitar with his feet/toes and can catch a frisbee with his chin better than I can with my hands.

Who is he?

Click HERE and find out about Tony Melendez!

He was playing last night at a "close" church and the girls and I went with some friends. We were in awe to say the least. It was inspiring. It was fun. It gave us HOPE. It reminded us to just TRY ...don't say you CAN'T....he does so much with out arms....if YOU have the WILL and the DESIRE you can too....

He wanted to play frisbee with his brother. He dropped the frisbee many times. How many of us would have given up and said, "I just can't do it!" (I am sure I would have) HE KEPT TRYING!

He can DO it! Watch THIS!

I hope you watched that video! I would never try that with my hands....he did it with his foot!

We left the Melendez concert full of inspiration! I hope we don't say CAN'T as often as we use to or if we do...we will have a great memory of a man who didn't use the word CAN'T but instead kept TRYING!

1 comment:

The Daily Dean Chronicals said...

So were you at our church? St. Micheal in Prior Lake? Tony Melendez was performing there on Wednesday? We have seen him before and what an inspiration! We opt'd out this time, as Kenzie was too tired! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the music and inspiration!

The times......they are a changing......

 It happens every year.  We have no control over it.  Sometimes its like clockwork and every 3 months it occurs, sometimes its not and we ca...